- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
Pumpkin and ginger soup
In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion until translucent.
Add the pumpkin and garlic. Cook for a few minutes being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add the stock and ginger to the saucepan. Bring to the boil and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes. Puree using a stick blender until smooth.
- I love that this soup has balanced flavours.
- Make sure that you taste this before you season it. It wil depend on the stock you are using as to whether it will need salt.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
More recipes on Kidspot: