- 1 tsp citric acid
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp jelly crystals (any flavour you like)
- 1 tsp baking soda
Pour all the ingredients into a cup.
Mix them well.
- This is a fun sweet to make for birthday parties. Simply pour the mixture into colourful paper bags and include a paddle pop stick for licking off the powdery fizz.
- Needless to say kids love this old-fashioned sweet. Also thrill them by making giant freckles which are another favourite treat from yesteryear.
- Tim Tam cake pops, which little ones can also carry around the party, are another fun recipe to make at birthdays.
- Kids love this sherbet? Turn your kitchen into an old-fashioned lolly shop by making your own caramel and chocolate fudge as well. Also check out this recipe for 2 ingredient fudge.
- Little ones will love helping you to pour and mix the ingredients used in this recipe. For another fun fizzy confectionary recipe, try making golden honeycomb.
- This recipe is so easy with only four ingredients and no cooking required. For another easy-peasy treat, try making coconut roughs which only have two ingredients – chocolate and coconut. Mmmm!
- If you want to make a healthy treat for the kids instead of this naughty but nice sherbet, chocolate power balls are sweetened with natural dates and honey.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.