Simple spanish omelette
- 300g waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- half a medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- half a red capsicum, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Lightly salt the potatoes slices.
Place a large frying pan on high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the potato slices. Turn and separate them over the heat for 5 minutes try to keep them moving enough that they dont turn brown.
Lower the heat and add the onion to the frying pan and place a lid on the pan to cover. Move the potato and onion slices around the pan every couple of minutes until both are just cooked through.
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and lightly whisk until the whites and yolk are just combined. Add salt and pepper.
When the potatoes and onions are cooked, add them to the whisked eggs. Add the rest of the vegetables.
Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil in the frying pan and allow to come back to a high heat. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the pan and immediately turn the heat down to low.
Cook for 15 mins or until there is no liquid egg on the top of the omelette. Turn the omelette by flipping onto a dinner plate and then sliding the it back into the pan.
Cook for another 5 mins. Serve in slices.
- This Spanish omelette is a terrific quick dinner for the whole family when you dont want to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen.
- You can swap any of the vegetables in this recipe for family favourite veggies. Except keep the potatoes without the potatoes, this is really just an ordinary omelette. Not that theres anything wrong with that!
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.