Slow cooker chicken casserole
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs or breast, cut into large chunks
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 x 420g tins Cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cup water
- 500g frozen chunky mix vegetable
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces until golden on each side. You may have to do this in batches.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker with the potatoes, condensed soup, stock powder, water and vegetable mix. Combine well.
Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
Stir through parsley just before serving.
- If I am putting this on early in the morning, I sear the chicken pieces in a frying pan the night before and pop them into the fridge. That way the next day I can just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and set and forget without making too much mess.
- The chunky vegetable mix I used had beans, cauliflower and broccoli in it but you could use fresh vegetable or anything that is left over in your crisper.
- Bacon is a nice addition in this recipe. Fry it with the last batch of chicken, so its flavours are released into the dish.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find more slow cooker recipes:
- Lamb and tomato hot pot
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomatoes
- Slow cooker beef with red wine shallot gravy
- Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
- Slow cooker meatloaf
- Slow cooker chicken soup