Slow cooker vegetarian dahl
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups red lentil, rinsed
- 2 tsp garlic,minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin (400ml) of coconut cream
- 1 tin of water (use coconut cream tin)
- 1 tsp chicken flavoured stock powder
- 1 bag of spinach and rocket salad mix
- 1 bunch of coriander
Place all ingredients except for spinach/rocket salad and coriander into slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
Stir through spinach rocket salad and coriander leaves.
Serve with plain yoghurt and mango chutney.
Find more vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Mushroom ragout with creamy polenta
- Hash browns
- Mary May’s crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup
- This is as simple as it gets with a slow cooker. You can set and forget this and have the gorgeous aroma filling your house in no time.
- Any vegetables you have in your crisper or freezer will do.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.