Strawberry and banana smoothie
- 3 ripe bananas,
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 & 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, Serve immediately.
- To give the smoothie a bit of flair, try slicing a whole strawberry partway through and then slide it onto the rim of the glass.
- If you have allergy issues, soymilk is a great substitute for milk and the flavour is wonderful.
- Almond milk is also a healthy alternative to milk.
- You can also add 1-2 tablespoons of LSA mix to this smoothie for more protein. LSA is in the health food aisle of your grocery store and is ground linseed, soy and almond meal.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder