Sweet potato and pear puree
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2-3 tbsp water, breast milk or formula
Place sweet potato and pear into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then simmer until soft – around 10 minutes.
Take off the heat and strain – you can leave a little water in to help with mashing or pour in a few tablespoons of breast milk or formula.
Tip into a blender and whizz until pureed.
Place sweet potato and pears into a microwave-safe container and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
Place in blender with a little water, breast milk or formula and whizz until pureed.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- For an even easier version, use a jar or ready-made puree pears – great if you don’t have any on hand or they’re out of season.
- Apples are also great with sweet potato.
- Simply mash together for babies who are ready for something a little chunkier.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.