Thai green chicken curry
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 baby eggplants, sliced
- 6 baby corn
- 12 green beans
- 1 red capsicum, de-ribbed and sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 can (400ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Heat peanut oil in a saucepan and fry curry paste for 1 minute to release flavours.
Add chicken and seal the meat.
Pour in coconut cream and 2 cups of water.
Add fish sauce and brown sugar and stir in.
Bring to the boil and add all vegetables except for bean sprouts.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 mins.
Stir in bean sprouts just before serving with steamed jasmine rice.
- Full of fresh vegetables, this curry really packs a flavourful punch.
- You can make this recipe in the same time it would take you to order and collect takeaway – and it’s so much healthier!
- If your children are having this Green chicken curry, you may like to omit the red chillies, remove a portion from the pot to serve to them, and then add a teaspoon of crushed chillies for the adults.
- Take care when frying the curry paste, especially if your kids are around. It can definitely take your breath away and often makes me sneeze a few times as all the aromatics are released.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.