Tim Tam brownies
- 3/4 cup (120g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups (285g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180g) butter
- 1 pkt (200g) Tim Tams
Step 1. Gather all ingredients together. Line a slice tray (15cm x 30cm) with baking paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Step 2. Place flour, sugar and cocoa in a bowl and mix together. Add eggs, vanilla and butter and whisk until combined. Place 4-5 tablespoons of brownie mixture into the tray and spread to cover the base.
Step 3. Place 2 rows of 5 Tams on top of the brownie mixture. Pour remaining mixture into the tin and smooth over to cover the Tim Tams.
Step 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly baked through. Cool and cut into squares or fingers and serve.
Find related brownie recipes:
- Anzac brownies
- Blissful brownies
- Chocolate brownies
- Christmas tree brownies
- Double choc brownie recipe
- Walnut brownies
- Yummy chocolate brownies
- You can use any of your favourite chocolate biscuits to hide in this brownie mixture. I do like the idea of a Mint Slice hiding in there.
- Baking time on these brownies will vary on how you like your brownies. If you want them soft and gooey then 25 minutes is perfect. If you want them firmer I would bake them for 35 minutes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.