- 6 egg whites
- 300g castor sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 500ml double cream
- 500g raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a pizza or baking tray with baking paper.
In a clean dry bowl, beat the egg whites until peaks form and then continue to beat adding a spoonful of castor sugar at a time.
Add the cocoa, chopped chocolate and vinegar. Fold in gently with a metal spoon.
Pour onto the baking paper in a 20cm round mound. Smooth the top and sides gently.
Turn the oven down to 150°C and place in the oven. Bake for 60mins to 1hr 15mins. Pavlova will be done if it has a crisp shell but still looks a little soft in the centre.
Turn off the oven leaving the pavlova inside and prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon. Leave to cool completely.
Invert pavlova on a plate and mound cream in a circle on top. Pile raspberries on top of the cream. Grate additional chocolate over the top.
- This recipe is very sensitive to different ovens. Mine seemed to cook very fast. I recommend you keep an eye on it from around the 50 min mark so you don’t burn it.
This recipe was re-created from a Nigella Lawson recipe by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Little raspberry bread and butter puddings
- Lemon meringue pie
- Golden syrup dumplings
- Ginger ice cream
- Chewy meringue and mango sorbet cake