Mini capsicum quiches
- olive oil spray
- 6 slices toast bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red and green capsicum
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 190°C conventional (170°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a mini-muffin tray with the olive oil spray. Use the rolling pin to roll out each slice of bread until thin.
Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 2 hearts from each slice of bread. Spray both sides of the bread with the olive oil spray. Place a heart into each mini-muffin cup.
Whisk the eggs and milk together. Divide the capsicum and onion evenly between the 12 shapes. Carefully pour in the egg mixture and top each quiche with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until set.
Find more egg recipes
- Basic omelette
- Baked custard
- Bacon and egg cups
- Breakfast omelette
- Egg and vegetable omelette
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Simple spanish omelette
- Spinach and pinenut quiches
- Ham omelette
- Hard boiled egg
- Scrambled eggs with basil garlic tomato
- Other topping ideas are finely diced ham and onion, olives, rocket and tomato and goats cheese.
- These quiches will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 3 days.
- These are not suitable to freeze.
- You should keep these cool in the lunch box with an ice pack or frozen drink bottle.
- If you can’t be bothered cutting out shapes just cut the bread into squares. They will work just as well.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves… Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.