All-in chicken leg bake
- 8 chicken legs
- 1/4 pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 4
- 2 brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 head garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- All-purpose seasoning
- Olive oil to coat
Preheat oven to180C.
Drizzle olive oil on a large baking tray. Place chicken legs and all vegetables except garlic on the tray. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle garlic over.
Shake the all-purpose seasoning generously all over the chicken and vegetables and using an egg slice toss to coat everything in oil and garlic. Shake a little more all-purpose seasoning on.
Using a large piece of foil cover the entire tray sealing in all the edges.
Bake for 40 minutes and uncover and bake for a further 20 minutes.
Serve with hot chicken gravy and baby peas.
- This dish is very simple in ingredients but packed full of flavour.
- Sealing in all the juices for the first half hour of cooking gives you nice moist finished product and the roasting time gives the vegetables a lovely sweetness.
- You could give it a Mediterranean leaning by sprinkling Italian herbs over it as well but I like it plain.
- If you don’t have a large enough roll of foil pleat a few pieces together so you keep all those lovely juices in.
- This All-in chicken leg bake was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.