- 1/2 chinese cabbage, shredded
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1 pkt fried noodles
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a saucepan, combine all of the dressing ingredients and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
Set aside to cool.
In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, almonds and shallots.
Pour cooled dressing over and toss to coat.
Just before serving, toss through the fried noodles.
- This salad gets devoured by my kids. They have no idea that there are vegetables in it. They can’t see past the fried noodles!
- This is a great salad to take to a party. Just keep the dressing and noodles separate from the rest of the ingredients until serving time.
- To toast almond slivers,to keep an eye on them, you can just place them in a frying pan over low heat until they take on a golden colour. Be careful to watch then on the heat as they can burn easily.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.