Bacon and corn fritters with coriander
- 1 cup self-rising flour, sifted (if you have time)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cobs of fresh corn, kernels removed and cooked
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped roughly
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 rindless bacon rashers
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the first seven ingredients to make a batter.
Brush bacon rashers with oil and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Grill the bacon for 5-8 minutes.
Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat, then add oil and swirl around in the pan.
Drop one heaped tablespoon of fritter batter into the pan, patting it flat with the same spoon.
Cook until golden on each side – about 2 minutes. Remove the fritters from the pan and drain on paper towels as you cook them. Serve topped with bacon.
- You could add one seeded, and finely chopped, Birdseye chili for a more adult version.
- ItÛªs important not to overcrowd the pan – cook the fritters in batches.
- You can substitute the fresh corn for 1å_ cups of canned or frozen corn kernels.
- I prefer to use free-range bacon for ethical reasons.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New ZealandÛªsåÊbest recipe finder.