Balsamic Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups trimmed and halved baby Brussels sprouts
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced.
Whisk together the vinegar and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking continually, until a dressing is formed.
Place the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking tray. Drizzle the oil and vinegar over the sprouts and gently toss to coat.
Bake for 25 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- If you prefer softer sprouts, boil them in salted water for about 5 minutes before tossing them in the dressing.
- If I have fresh garlic I like to crush and add a clove to the dressing for extra flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
More vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat’s cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Lentil chilli
- Hash browns
- Vegetarian canelloni
- Mary May’s crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup