Banana bread muffins
- 125g melted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line 12-hole muffin/cupcake pan with paper cases.
Mix butter, mashed bananas, vanilla essence, beaten eggs and sugar in a bowl.
Stir in flour until just combined.
Spoon into a paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- You could add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture if you want to be a little bit fancy.
- I like to mash my bananas so they are still a bit chunky (rather than a smooth paste) so you get little bits of banana speckled through the muffins.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Feta and spinach muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins