Budget biscuit base
- 500g margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk (395g)
- 5 cups self-raising flour
Cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and creamy.
Add condensed milk with mixer running.
Add flour 1 cup at a time with mixer running and when complete beat for 2 mins on high.
Add any extra ingredients that you would like in your biscuits and roll into teaspoon size balls.
Place on a baking sheet. and slightly flatten with a fork or your fingers.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- The things you can add to this base is only limited to your imagination. One batch usually makes around 100 biscuits.
- With this batch I made 4 types of biscuits. To 2 cups each I added the following. 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. 1 cup of cornflakes and 1/2 cup choc chips. 1 cup of Coco Pops. 1/2 cup crunchy Peanut butter.
- You can also add honey and oats, sultanas, coconut and smarties or M&M’s. I thought the best was the choc chips and cornflakes combination.
- This Budget biscuit base recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand