Cauliflower fried rice
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1/2 brown onion (diced)
- 3 strip bacon (sliced into strips)
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbs ginger (minced)
- 1 head broccoli (broken into florets)
- 1/2 red capsicum (diced)
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 long fresh red chilli (finely sliced)
Break cauliflower up into florets and place in a food processor. Blitz to form coarse ‘rice’.
Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok over high heat. Combine beaten eggs with 1 tsp of tamari. When oil is very hot, pour in eggs and swirl wok to coat evenly. Leave for 30 seconds until set. Turn out onto a board. Allow to cool slightly, then roll up and slice into 1cm ribbons.
Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat. Cook onion and bacon for 2 minutes until onion is translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously. Add broccoli and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until broccoli is just tender.
Add cauliflower ‘rice’ to wok. Stir well to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining tamari and fish sauce. Toss wok until everything is cooked and well combined. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve topped with sliced spring onions and red chilli.
Find more vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat's cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Hash browns
- Mary May's crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup
- Most soy sauces contain some gluten, so you can use regular soy sauce instead of tamari if gluten doesn’t bother you.
- Add extra veggies if you like – mushrooms, peas, spinach and Asian greens would all work well.
- Pile on the herbs for a bigger green hit – coriander, chives and Thai basil are a great idea.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.