Cheesy chicken sticks
- 1 chicken breast cut into 2-3cm-wide fingers
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 pinch garlic salt (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Lay out three bowls on the bench in front of you. In the first bowl put the flour, salt and paprika; mix gently. In the second bowl beat the two eggs with a little milk to make a crumb wash. In the third bowl add a good quantity of panko crumbs and stir through the parmesan cheese.
Moving from one bowl to the other, dip your chicken fingers in the flour first, then the egg wash and finally the crumbs.
Shallow fry each coated chicken stick in a large pan for approx 2 mins each side, or until golden brown, crunchy and cooked on the inside. Serve with a helping of your kids' favourite veggies or some boiled pasta shapes.
Find more recipes for your kids will love:
- Healthy vegetable and chicken sausage rolls
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Baby banana pancakes
- Incy mincy fried rice
- Fancy fish fingers
- Meatball macaroni and cheese
- Nachos with invisible beans
- Pumpkin custard
- If you're in a rush, you can buy pre-cut chicken tenderloins instead of chopping up a chicken breast.
- Don't overcook the chicken or it will be too chewy for toddlers.
- If you prefer, you can bake these chicken sticks in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe was created by Jodie Clarke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder