Chorizo and white beans with feta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tins (400g) cannellini beans
- 2 tins (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 60g baby spinach
- 80g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy based saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Cut chorizo sausages in half lengthwise, then across into small half-moon slices. Add to onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add cumin and chilli, if using, and cook for a further minute.
Drain cannellini beans and rinse well. Add beans and chopped tomatoes, plus one can of water to a large saucepan. Simmer over gentle heat for 20 minutes, adding more water if it gets too dry. Finally, add spinach and stir until just wilted.
Transfer bean mixture to an ovenproof serving dish. Top with crumbled feta cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese is starting to brown. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with grilled sourdough bread.
Find related chorizo recipes
- Chicken and chorizo meatballs
- Chickpeas with chorizo
- Chorizo and minestrone soup
- Chorizo and potato frittata
- Chorizo fried rice
- Chorizo pasta
- Haloumi with chorizo and tomatoes
- Prawn and chorizo risotto
- Roasted tomato and chorizo soup
- Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
- Zucchini and chorizo slice
- To make it more family friendly, omit the chilli and choose a mild chorizo.
- Experiment with different types of tinned beans or chickpeas.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.