Chorizo sausage salad
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g fresh chorizo (approx 6 sausages)
- 2 bunches rocket
- 425g tin whole baby beetroot
- 200g feta cheese
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
Preheat oven to 220å¡C (200å¡C fan-forced). Peel onion and cut into wedges, leaving root intact. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
Heat a fry pan or grill pan over high heat. Cook sausages for three minutes on each side. Remove from pan and slice in half lengthwise. Return to pan and continue cooking, cut-side down, for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
Make dressing by combining ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Wash rocket well and toss with dressing. Divide between four dishes. Top with baked onions, baby beetroot and chunks of feta cheese. Add the sausages and drizzle with any remaining dressing.
- Be sure to choose fresh chorizo-style sausages rather than the more common cured chorizo. If you can’t find chorizo, you could choose any type of spicy sausage.
- If sherry vinegar is unavailable, replace it with apple cider vinegar.
- This recipe was provided by Greer Worsley, who blogs atåÊTypically Red.