- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 x 50g pkt chicken noodle soup
- 1 x 440g tin crushed pineapple
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups water
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook the mince and onion.
Add the curry powder and fry off for 2 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with rice.
- I was a little dubious about this recipe but it is extremely tasty and even my kids kept coming back for more.
- The pineapple, vinegar and brown sugar give it a sweet and sour taste.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.