Easy pasta bolognese pies
- 1 cup leftover bolognese sauce
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 200å¡C or 180å¡C fan-forced. Assemble your ingredients and beat egg well in a small bowl.
Using a bowl, tin or pastry cutter 10-12cm in diameter, cut four circles from each sheet of pastry.
Place 1-2 tablespoons of bolognese in the centre of a circle. Brush the edges with the beaten egg.
Top with another circle, pressing the pastry together gently and pushing out any air bubbles.
Use a fork to seal the edges. Repeat with the other circles.
Place on a tray lined with baking paper and brush the pies with some more beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed up and golden. Serve with tomato sauce or some homemade chutney.
- Bulk up the pie filling with some cooked rice or small pasta, such as risoni.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to the bolognese before topping with pastry for some extra taste.
- These pies make great party food, or serve them with vegetables or salad on the side for a complete dinner.
Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.