Gluten-free apple crumble
- 6-8 green and/or red apples, cored, peeled, each sliced into approx 8 wedges
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the apples and sugar in a saucepan with a little water, place heat on medium and cook until apples are tender. Be careful the apples don’t burn the bottom of the saucepan.
While the apples are cooking, combine topping ingredients and rub together with fingers.
Layer the apples and their juices in a greased ovenproof dish. Cover the apples with the crumble mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
This apple crumble can be served hot or cold with your favourite plain yoghurt, custard or cream.
Find more dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
- If you want to mix things up a bit you could add other fruits to this crumble recipe – great apple partners are rhubarb, blueberries, blackberries and pears.
- More sugar can be added, depending on the desired sweetness.
- This recipe was created by nutritionist Amanda Fraser for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.