Healthy kids burgers
For the patties:
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole rolled oats, pulsed into meal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, pulsed into meal
- 8 small sourdough buns
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- tomato sauce
Place patties ingredients into a bowl and combine well.
Roll 1/4 cup measures into small patties.
Cook on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes and then turn and grill until cooked through.
Leave to rest for 3-4 minutes and then assemble burgers with spinach leaves on the bottom, the cooked patties, tomato slices and sauce.
Related mince recipes:
- Burger deluxe
- Cheesy baked rigatoni
- Chilli con carne
- Cottage pie
- Creamy moussaka
- Easy lamb koftas
- Lamb meatballs
- There’s room for a few vegetables on the burger. You could also replace the usual store bought deep fried hot chips with homemade baked potato or sweet potato chips, a handful of steamed frozen corn and peas or a little side salad.
- Feel free to use chicken mince instead of beef, perhaps switching to seeded mustard rather than Dijon.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird of Katie180. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter and see her delicious food on Instagram.