Honey Soy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- 500g chicken breast, skin removed, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tblsp honey
- 2 tspn minced garlic
- 2 medium carrots cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red capsicum cut into thin strips.
- 2 x 200g packet udon noodles
- OPTIONAL: canned Chinese corn, bok choy, zucchini, green beans
Combine chicken, honey and soy, marinate for 5 mins.
Drain chicken but reserve marinade.
Stir fry chicken in batches until just cooked through.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Add vegetables and lightly cook, then return chicken to pan, add marinade and noodles.
Toss until marinade is well heated through.
Add a little water if noodles stick.
- This is a super quick dish that can be on the table within 20 minutes. Other 20 minute stir fry dazzlers from Kidspot Kitchen include, delicious chilli garlic beef stir fry and this easy chicken stir fry with fresh ginger.
- Kids love the sweet and savoury flavours of this dish. Also try chicken, broccoli and cashew nut stir fry which has equal parts of salty soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Noodles are a great alternative to rice. If your family slurps up the noodles in this dish, try also making these amazing noodle stir frys: chicken, cashew and hokkein noodle stir fry and beef with glass noodles stir fry.
- Fish is tasty in stir frys but is often forgotten about as we reach for chicken or beef to make dinner. Try this tasty fish and bok choy stir fry and this tuna and veggie stir fry when you are next making a stir fry.
- If you are looking for a chicken stir fry recipe but don’t have all the ingredients to make this one, check out this simple yet classic chicken stir fry.
- Family a fan of this recipe? Try making this delicious chicken and tofu stir fry next, and discover how basil can add some flavour punch with this chicken and basil stir fry.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.