Messy cheese pies
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
Place pastry sheets on a work surface to defrost for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Select a 24 small hole cup cake pan or 2 x 12 hole pan. Cut 12 holes from each pastry sheet with a scone cutter that is slightly larger than the holes. Carefully push pastry circles into pan (no need to grease).
Divide chicken, corn and cheese between pastry cases. Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug, pour into pastry cases to just below the top.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- These little quiches are a big hit with my kids because the flaky (messy) pastry appeals to their taste buds and sense of chaos. I like them because you can hide egg, corn and other yellowish vegetables (pureed pumpkin, carrot, yellow zucchini etc)
- I usually freeze some for emergency dining purposes and they also keep well in the fridge for a few days, just reheat in the oven to make sure the pastry is crisp. Awful if microwaved.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.