Mini cherry coconut muffins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 125g cold butter
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk (I actually used 1 sachet ayam coconut milk powder + 220ml cold water)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 220°C.
In a food processor, blitz the flour and the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs (about 30-60 seconds).
Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and then stir through with a spoon until combined.
Spoon into cupcake papers and fill them up about 3/4 to the top.
Place in oven on middle rack for 20 minutes or until cooked.
Related muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- These freeze well in resealable bags.
- If you want to make these muffins a little more adult, drizzle with dark chocolate!
- I’m always on the look-out for lunch box fillers and these are just perfect.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder