- vegetable oil spray
- 1-2 large zucchini, sliced into 5mm ribbons
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml low fat milk
- 1/2 cup finely sliced basil leaves
- 50g feta, crumbled
Heat oven to 200ºC conventional (180ºC fan-forced).
Spray a 12 cavity muffin tray with oil spray and line the sides of each one with zucchini ribbons.
Mix eggs, milk and basil leaves together and season well.
Spoon egg mixture into each cavity, top with feta and place in oven.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
Remove from oven and allow to sit for a couple of minutes before carefully removing each one.
Related vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat's cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Lentil chilli
- Hash browns
- Spicy pumpkin hummus with pita bread
- Vegetarian cannelloni
- Mary May's crunchy on toast
- Quinoa salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup
- To slice zucchini, you can use a mandolin, potato slicer or a sharp knife.
- Make sure you grease the muffin cavities well so the frittatas are easy to remove.
- I’ve used zucchini wraps for these frittata but you could just as easily use bacon, ham, prosciutto or even some smoked salmon. You could also leave out the wraps altogether and just have frittata – so versatile!
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.