Mini Mexican meatloaf
- 500g beef mince
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 satchet (30g) taco seasoning
- 1 bottle (250g) Mexican sauce (or Taco sauce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°fan forced. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients except for the mozzarella and salsa in a bowl using your clean hands.
Press the mixture evenly into the muffin tin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and spoon over Mexican sauce and sprinkle mozzarella on each mini meatloaf.
Return to oven and cook a further 8 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve with salad and guacamole.
- My kids call these giant Nacho balls. They seem to be very popular at my house.
- If I know I will be running short of time at dinner , I make these right up to filling the muffin tin and refrigerate until I am ready to bake them.
- I have hidden carrots and zucchini in this mix often and the children rarely notice because of the sauce and cheese.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
- Creamy bolognaise pastabake
- Mince fajitas
- Mince chow mein
- Beef stand n stuff taco with four bean salad