Muesli fruit and yoghurt tray
- ½ cup of mum’s favourite muesli
- ½ cup vanilla yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 strawberries, green bits pulled out
- ½ banana, sliced
- ½ apple, chopped
- ½ ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup chopped honeydew melon or cantaloupe
Place muesli in a bowl. Place yoghurt in a separate bowl.
Pour milk into a small serving jug or glass. Combine fruit in a bowl.
Present all the dishes on a breakfast tray or set a special place at the table.
Don’t forget a serviette, cutlery and a small vase of flowers.
- This is a great breakfast idea for Mother’s Day or your birthday if you have very small children – you can prepare the fruit the night before and then all they have to do is mix it together for you (strawberries and bananas go soggy if you mix them in before serving).
- Gluten-free me can’t eat muesli anymore , but my friend Sam highly recommends Carmen’s muesli, toasted or untoasted depending on what you prefer.
- I used the fruit we had in the house – it can be as simple as a few strawberries, slices of banana or a few grapes.
- Maybe splurge and buy a punnet of raspberries. BC we used our breakfast tray (complete with adjustable legs) regularly.
- For this photo, I had to vigorously scrub it to remove bottom-of-the-pantry debris!
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.
- Apple and hazelnut bircher muesli
- Bircher muesli
- Blueberry muesli loaf
- Homemade brown rice cereal
- Homemade muesli bars
- 2 ingredient muesli bars