Omelette in a bag
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ham, chopped
You will also need:
- 1 resealable sandwich bag
Step 1. Place a medium pot of water on to boil. Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2. Place eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Pour into resealable bag. Add cheese, onions and ham.
Step 3. Seal bag and shake gently to mix ingredients. Open seal slightly and expel excess air from the bag.
Step 4. Reduce heat on the boiling water until it's just at a rolling boil. Lower bag into the pot and cook for 12 minutes. Open the bag, being careful of the hot steam and your omelette will just slide right out onto the plate.
Find more egg recipes
- Baked custard
- Breakfast omelette
- Spinach and pinenut quiches
- Scrambled eggs with basil garlic tomato
- You can make Omelette in a bag with any of your favourite ingredients. Just throw what you want into the bag and shake.
- Turning down the heat to a rolling boil is essential because the bag may break if you don't.
- Traditionally, the French omelette is a great recipe to learn first if you like omelettes.
- If you have a few slices of ham in the fridge, you can whip up this Ham omelette.
- A Simple Spanish omelette is a great light meal and packed with flavour.
- If you want a delicious picnic meal then you can take Spanish omelette baguettes for a portable meal.
- Asian noodle omelette uses two-minute noodles for a more substantial version.
- This Egg and vegetable omelette is perfect for vegetarians.
- If you have tasty cheese then this Fluffy cheese omelette will be in and out of the pan in five minutes.
- If you haven't made an omelette before then this Basic omelette is a great way to learn how to make omelette.
- You can start your day with a protein hit by making this Breakfast omelette
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.