One bowl blueberry and coconut muffins
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbs demerara sugar (for dusting)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced), and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases. Place the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a small jug, and add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
Stir together until the mixture is almost combined, then add the blueberries and coconut and stir again, just until they are distributed – do not over-mix.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cases, and sprinkle with Demerara sugar, if desired.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly. Remove from the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- These keep well for about 2 days, but wrapped well and individually they'll keep in the freezer for up to a month.
- Swap up to half the flour in this recipe for wholemeal flour, if desired.
- Replace the blueberries with frozen raspberries, chunks of raw pear, or any dried fruit of your choice to change up the flavours.