Pork kofta wraps
- 500g pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oregano or Greek basil, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil, plus extra
- 8 souvlaki or pita bread wraps
- baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, to serve
Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine pork, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Finely grate the zest of the lemon and add it to the bowl. Mix well.
In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, mint and 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil. Set aside.
Take a large handful of pork mixture and press it onto the end of a skewer to form a sausage shape. Continue with other skewers until all of the mixture has been used.
Heat a grill pan or fry pan over high heat. Brush the koftas with a little extra oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with wraps, yoghurt and salad ingredients.
Find more mince recipes
- Bolognaise rice bake
- Healthy spaghetti bolognaise
- Microwave jacket potatoes
- One-pot beefy macaroni
- Friday takeaway hamburgers recipe
- 6 new ways with mince
- One pot beefy macaroni
- The best way to combine any mince mixture is with your wet hands.
- You could substitute with beef or lamb mince if you prefer.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.