This easy fried rice has juicy garlic prawns and crisp shallots for flavour. Cook it up for a great lunch or dinner.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g peeled green prawns, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Prawn fried rice
- In a wok, heat the oil and cook the eggs, vigourously chop with a spatula as they cook. Set aside in a warm place.
- In the same wok, heat a little oil and cook the green prawn meat. Add the garlic when the prawns are almost cooked and cook for a minute or two. Set aside with the eggs.
- In the wok, fry the rice and add the soy sauce, tossing until all grains are coated and hot.
- Add the prawns and eggs back into the pan and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the shallots, cherry tomatoes and bean sprouts and stir for a minute or two. Serve hot with a sprinkle of shallots on top.
- Chinese barbecue fish sliders
- Lemon garlic and prawn pasta
- Things to do for Chinese New Year
- 15 cool dinner ideas when it’s too hot to cook