Pumpkin and chickpea salad
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, cut into large cubes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 dried figs, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, toss the pumpkin with cumin, coriander and vegetable oil until completely coated. Spread pumpkin in a single layer on the baking trays and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove from trays and cool.
Place pumpkin, chickpeas, figs, onion, coriander leaves, lemon rind, lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl and toss gently to coat. Serve.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- I used soft and juicy semi-dried figs for this recipe.
- You can use the pumpkin while it's still warm if you are in a hurry.
- If you're preparing this salad in advance, it is best to add the coriander just before serving so it keep its fresh taste and crisp texture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.