Quick pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 x tins (400g) diced tomatoes
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat and add garlic.
Cook for 1-2 minutes to release the fragrance and then add the oregano and tomatoes.
Bring to the boil and then mash with a potato masher for a chunky sauce or puree using a stick mixer for a smooth sauce.
Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and then add salt and pepper as required.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- There is so much you could add to this basic sauce but it will be tasty as is when you are in a hurry.
- I have also used sautéed onions, basil, Italian seasoning and dried chilli in this recipe.
- Kids will really love this sauce if you add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. It takes on a great smoky barbecue flavour when you do this.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.