Roast pumpkin, tomato and feta pasta
- 500 g pumpkin
- 500 g Roma tomatoes
- 4 clove garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100 g feta
- 400 g pasta
- parmesan (*to serve)
Preheat oven to 160C (140 fan-forced). Peel and chop pumpkin, and quarter tomatoes. Place in a baking pan with unpeeled garlic cloves and olive oil. Toss to combine, seasoning well. Bake for 1-1.5 hours until soft and caramelised.
Place pumpkin and tomatoes in a blender or food processor with feta. Pop the garlic cloves out of their peels and add them as well. Blitz until smooth.
Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving about half a cup of the cooking liquid. Reheat sauce in a pot, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid to loosen it.
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss well to coat. Serve with shaved parmesan and a side salad.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettuccine
- Curtis Stone’s fettuccine bolognaise
- Speedy pasta boscaiola
- Ear pasta with bacon and peas
- Sage butter ravioli
- You can make the sauce ahead of time and reheat just prior to serving.
- If you’re super organised, you could cook the pumpkin and tomato while you’re baking a Sunday roast, for instance. Then it’ll be ready to go for an easy midweek meal.
- Freeze leftover sauce in portions for another time.
- Any type of ripe tomato will do.
- I used penne pasta, but you can use your favourite pasta shape, or even fresh pasta.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.