Salted caramel sauce
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 180g butter
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
Step 1. Gather all ingredients.
Step 2. Using a heavy based pan, whisk the sugar over a medium heat until it melts.
Step 3. Continue heating and whisking until it becomes a deep golden colour. Whisk in the butter until entirely melted and remove from the heat. Stand for 10 minutes to cool.
Step 4. Stir through the cream and salt until combined. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
Related hot dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Caramelised pear tarts
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Butterscotch pudding
- Lemon delicious pudding
- I used Maldon sea salt flakes in this recipe but you can also use Fleur de Sel for a very delicate flavour.
- You really need to have all of your ingredients ready when making this caramel sauce and do not leave the stove at all as it will burn.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.