Thai pea soup
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- 3 cups (750ml) stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, roots and leaves separated
- 500g frozen peas
- ¾ cup (188ml) light evaporated coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
In a medium saucepan, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook on low for 10 minutes until onion is soft.
Add curry paste and cook for a further minute.
Add stock, water and coriander roots. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add peas and bring soup to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Place mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Return soup to saucepan and add evaporated milk.
Bring to a gentle simmer, then serve topped with a spritz of lime juice, sliced spring onions, a few coriander leaves and a little chilli for garnish.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
1028kj (244.8cals); 3.9g total fat (1.2g saturated fat)