Thai style beef salad
- 500g beef sirloin steak
- 1 x 120g pkt mesclun salad
- 6 red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 80g (1/2 cup) roasted cashews, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Preheat the BBQ or stove top grill plate. Cook beef for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, to make salad dressing, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes. from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Thinly slice beef across the grain. Combine salad ingredients, coriander and cashews in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing and toss. Divide salad among serving plates and top with beef.