- 3 cups (675g) white sugar
- 30g butter
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 6 tbsp white vinegar
- sprinkles (100’s and 1000’s)
Set out 24 patty pans.
In a small saucepan, place all of the ingredients and stir over heat until dissolved.
Bring to the boil and boil without stirring for 10-15 minutes or until a spoonful of mixture cracks when you drop it in a glass of cold water.
Pour into patty cases and sprinkle with 100’s and 1000’s.
Leave to set.
- If you want those toffees softer (stick jaws) you can test them earlier. If they form a soft ball after being dropped in cold water, they are ready.
- It goes without saying that this recipe is not to be made with children present.. The toffee is extremely hot and really dangerous if splashed on skin.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s beståÊrecipe finder.