Tuna melt stuffed capsicums
- 4 medium yellow or red capsicum
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 185g canned tuna in springwater, drained
- 3 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 cup (80g) low fat tasty cheese
Heat oven to 180å¡C (160å¡C fan-forced), line an oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
Cut the top quarter off each capsicum and scoop out the seeds.
Roughly mash the chickpeas using the back of a fork.
Mix the tuna, chickpeas, spring onions, celery, tomatoes, mayonnaise and half the grated cheese together.
Divide mixture among the capsicums.
Top capsicums with remaining grated cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes until the capsicum is soft but still holding its shape.
Serve with salad.
- DonÛªt throw away the tops of the capsicum, keep it for a salad or stir-fry.
- If youÛªre not a fan of chickpeas (or just donÛªt have any), you can use cooked brown rice (or white) or just double the tuna for a low carb option.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Jay atåÊThe Moodie FoodieåÊand onåÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.