- 1 1/2 cups (225g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (approx. 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp pure icing sugar
Step 1.åÊPreheat oven to 180å¡C (160å¡C fan-forced). Line a 20cm x 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside. In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, flour, cocoa, eggs and salt.
Step 2.Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until well combined.
Step 3.åÊPour mixture into prepared tin.
Step 4.åÊBake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and sift icing sugar over the top. Cut into squares.
- This mixture is really dry before you add the zucchini. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until well combined.
- You don’t need to squeeze moisture out of the grated zucchinis.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can add 200g of melted chocolate in its place.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.