Ahh, Valentine’s Day is nigh and love is in the air! As the saying goes, the way to a person’s heart is via their bellies, so serve up some of these decadent, delicious and divine desserts and you’ll be in like Flynn! (So to speak … )
You’ll heart these
Love-heart shaped perfection. For when you really want to get the point across.
1. Valentine’s Day Cake
This one’s got it all. Chocolate. Strawberries. Cream. Shaped in a heart. Oh yeah, you’re feeling the loooove.
- See here for the Valentine’s Day Cake
2. Valentine’s heart shaped cupcakes
Make a delicious batch of heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cupcakes and treat your loved one over and over. (Or hand them out to your multiple paramours, we’ll be none the wiser.)
- See here for the Valentine’s heart-shaped cupcakes recipe.
3. Red velvet pancakes
Serve these passion puppies up as a sultry breakfast or a saucy dessert. Rest assured they’ll be eagerly received at any time of the day or night.
- See here for the Red velvet pancakes recipe.
Not sure what it is about cheesecakes that makes them perfect for Valentine’s Day, but it might have something to do with how darn good they taste …
4. No-bake chocolate cheesecake
Using chocolate ripple biscuits as its base, you’re already on to a winner before you’ve got to the lush, rich dark chocolate filling. And – bonus! – you don’t even have to turn the oven on!
- See here for the No-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe.
5. Mango cheesecake with passionfruit sauce
What better fruit than PASSIONfruit and its sensual bedfellow mango to help you create a decadent dessert for your special someone?
- See here for the Mango cheesecake with passionfruit sauce recipe.
6. Healthy strawberry no-bake cheesecake slice
It may be Valentine’s Day and all that, but that doesn’t mean we have to pay for it with extra kilos tomorrow, amiright? Kudos to this dessert for being both healthy and romantic.
- See here for the Healthy strawberry no-bake cheesecake slice.
Easy (but no less heartfelt)
Let it be said that your lack of effort in the kitchen creating these dishes is in no way reflective of the love swelling in your heart …
7. 2-ingredient Nutella mousse
Looks sexy, tastes sexy, requires little more effort than cracking open a jar of Nutella. Winning!
- See here for the 2-ingredient Nutella mousse recipe.
8. Brown sugar meringues
Ridiculously simple, yet look like you’ve gone to a ridiculous amount of effort. (And did we mention the yum?)
- See here for the Brown sugar meringues recipe.
9. 2-ingredient white chocolate mousse
White, fluffy and creamy, topped with fresh raspberries or grated dark chocolate, your love bunny will be putty in your not-very-hard-working hands.
- See here for the 2-ingredient white chocolate mousse recipe.
When it comes to stirring the heart-strings (or loins) of your other half, chocolate is never a bad idea. (Which is why it also features in a couple of the other categories too … )
10. Salted caramel and ganache tarts
The magic combination of rich chocolate and decadent caramel teamed with the freshness of strawberries is so irresistible, you may find yourself whipping up another batch of these babies long after February 14 has been and gone.
- See here for the Salted caramel and ganache tarts recipe.
11. Chocolate lava cake
Call me old-fashioned, but there’s something about cracking into a chocolate cake and having gooey stuff run out the middle that just instantly gets the heart beating that little bit faster, you know what I’m saying?
- See here for the Chocolate lava cake recipe.
12. Chocolate raspberry bliss cake
It’s chocolate. It’s raspberry. It’s cake. It’s bliss! Nuff said, really …
- See here for the Chocolate raspberry bliss cake