Baby Caprese salad
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 220g bambini bocconcini, drained
- 1 cup baby basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Place the tomatoes, bocconcini and basil leaves into a serving bowl and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
Season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Bambini bocconcini are the tiny balls of bocconcini cheese.
- I love to serve this up with warm Greek-style lamb and crusty bread. It makes a perfect lunch.
- If you are entertaining, you shouldn’t dress this with the oil and vinegar until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad