Apple and raspberry bread
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (80mL) oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 red apples, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a loaf pan (mine is 11cm x 21cm).
Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugars. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients with grated apple and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the raspberries, the mixture will be quite thick.
Spoon into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and slice thickly. Serve spread with butter or raspberry jam.
- After my whole family was very taken with toasted Banana bread, I decided to venture further into the cake-for-breakfast options – apple and raspberry bread is a delicious combination.
- Make the bread gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour and baking powder