Asian chicken noodles
- 1x 375g packet rice noodles, any width
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cooking wine, or chicken stock
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce*
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ½ BBQ chicken, meat removed and shredded
Cook ¾ of the packet of rice noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to the packet’s instructions. Drain and set aside.
Bring a wok to a medium to high heat, and add sesame oil. Fry the garlic and ginger for 20 seconds then add eggs. Keep the eggs constantly moving around in the wok until cooked.
Raise heat to high, and add the rice noodles and the wine or stock, stir through and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add broccoli, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and shredded chicken. Stir through the noodles until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- *Use Gluten Free Soy Sauce.
- This dish is really quick and delicious, with soft flavours that are suitable for kids.
- The noodles will break down into little pieces which are easy to eat.
- You can also do this dish with fresh hokkien noodles which are delicious as well. You can find these in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- I love roasting my own chickens so I know what goes into them, but if you are short on time, try and find a good BBQ free-range chicken.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot,New Zealand’s best recipe finder.