- 300g thin/pouring cream
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau (or brandy, or Tia maria, or Kahlua, or Frangelico…)
Pour cream into a small saucepan and heat until near boiling.
Remove from heat and add chocolate (I buy a 200g block and bash it against the bench before opening, then just pour the pieces into pan).
Stir well until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth; it will still be a bit speckled at this point.
Whisk in egg yolks and your liqueur of choice.
Pour this chocolate heaven into small glasses, bowls or espresso cups. Refrigerate until cool or until needed. The mixture doesn’t set; it is a chocolate pudding creamy consistency. OMG.
- Delightfully simple to prepare (in advance) and sinfully rich. You need look no further for your Christmas ‘afters’ treat. And the kids won’t like it because of the liqueur = no sharing!
- This recipe is adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chocolate Pots – too good not to share with others!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.