Carrot, sweet potato and coconut soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 500ml water
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 250ml coconut milk
Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, sauté onion until soft.
Add curry powder, sauté 1 minute.
Add chicken stock, water, carrot chunks and sweet potato chunks.
Simmer on a low heat until vegetables are soft.
Add coconut milk and puree mixture with a stick blender or in a food processor.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- Serve with a cob of crusty bread and butter.
- Pumpkin works equally well if you're out of sweet potato.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Alana at Housegoeshome and on Twitter.